Products resulting from the ACRES project are listed below. Student contributors are indicated with an asterisk.
- All participants in the 2019 cohort made poster presentations at the Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE), held in East Lansing, MI on July 24, 2019. View posters and abstracts.
- All students in the 2018 cohort made Poster Presentations at the Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE), held in East Lansing, MI on July 24, 2018.
- “Equation of state dependence of observable properties of turbulence-aided neutrino-driven core-collapse supernovae,” Brandon Barker*, Poster, American Physical Society April Meeting, April 13, 2019. (Received an award for “Outstanding Presentation” from the Society of Physics Students.)
- "Fitting turbulent and convective parameters in one-dimensional core-collapse supernova simulations," Theo Cooper*, Poster, 5th Joint Meeting of the APS Division of Nuclear Physics and the Physical Society of Japan, October 26, 2018. http://meetings.aps.org/link/BAPS.2018.HAW.HA.47
- Wang, H., Nnaluwezi, C*, Ke, H., Wang, J. "Statistical modeling of genomics and epigenomics big-data reveals human disease mechanisms," Conference Presentation by Jianrong Wang, International Chinese Statistical Association Annual Symposium, June 11, 2019. Raleigh, NC.
- Wang, H., Binbin, H., Xue, A.*, Olsen, N., Wang, J. "Epigenetics data analysis," Conference Presentation by Jianrong Wang, International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine, June 9, 2019. Columbus, OH.
- Pei, J., Zheng, Z., Kim, H., Song, L., Walworth, S., Merz, M., & Jr., K. M. (2019). Random Forest Refinement of Pairwise Potentials for Protein-ligand Decoy Detection. Journal of Chemical Information & Modeling. doi:10.26434/chemrxiv.8047820
- Supernova simulation data emulator, software, primarily developed by Theo Cooper*. Still being used by the Couch Lab.
- Equation of state in supernovae sensitivity study, data set, primarily produced by Brandon Barker*.
- Brandon Barker was awarded a prestigious NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. April 2019.
- Congratulations to Brandon, Theo, Liz, Ken, Jesus, Chinaza and Hyunji on completion of their undergraduate degrees! Four of these students have gone on to pursue PhD/Master's programs and three are working in industry/research labs. May 2019.
- Congratulations to Muawiz on receiving the Jarvis Memorial Scholarship to pursue research on Tensor Deep Stacking Networks this Summer at WWU! June 2019.
- Finley, A., Datta, A., Banerjee, S., & McKim, A.* (2017, July 21). SpNNGP: Spatial Regression Models for Large Datasets using Nearest Neighbor Gaussian Processes (Version 0.1.1) [Computer software]. Retrieved October 2017, from https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/spNNGP/index.html
Sorensen JW, TK Dunivin, TC Tobin, and A Shade. 2019. Ecological selection for small microbial genomes along a temperate-to-thermal soil gradient. Nature Microbiology. 4:55-61. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41564-018-0276-6
Dunivin TK, SY Yeh* and A Shade. 2019 A global survey of arsenic related genes in soil microbiomes. BMC Biology. 17:45. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12915-019-0661-5
- Dunivin TK, SY Yeh*, A Shade (2018). Targeting microbial arsenic resistance genes: a metaanalysis across cells (Poster).ASM Microbe 2018. Atlanta.
- 2017_Student Poster Presentations at the Mid-Michigan Symposium for Undergraduate Research Experiences (Mid-SURE) held in East Lansing, MI on July 26, 2017.
- Congratulations to David, Austin, Joey, Jamell, Songhao and Alex on completion of their undergraduate degrees! All six students have gone on to pursue PhD/Master's programs. May 2019
- Four students from this cohort are now graduate students at MSU and won prestigious Graduate Research Fellowships such as Engineering Distinguished Fellowship (EDF), NSCL and University Fellowships. June 2018
- Ben Slimmer was awarded the Goldwater Scholarship, a nationally prestigious award for undergraduates pursuing graduate study in STEM. One of my recommendation letter writers was my ACRES mentor.
- Two students have been awarded internships at national labs: LBNL via the SULI program and LANL Graduate Internship. June 2019.
- Congratulations to Susannah on her recent publication with the Shade Lab and acceptance to Dental School! June 2019.
- Congratulations to Jane and Jay on completion of their undergraduate and Master's degrees respectively! Aug 2019.
Acknowledgment of support: These materials are based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1560168.